Norteno Band

Victor Perez 
Mr.Lewenstein 
English 008 
9-22-17 
 
                        Norteño  
I was a fresh men in high school and I needed a job so that I could help my mom pay some bills, so I created a Norteño band with six of my friends. We started playing at salons in mexicali for quinseañeras and other type of parties, so one day we had an event and in the crowd was a guy who really liked how we perform and to our luck he owned a couple of bars In mexicali and he had a record studio in los angeles. And so the guy walked up to us and offered us a deal and  a contract. The  deal was that we would have to play in he’s bars for a whole year no matter what date it was and we would get to keep 50% of the money made of the drinks in the that night, the deal seemed perfect at that moment because we were desperate to make money fast and this deal was going to change our lifes but little did we know that it would be in a bad way.  The problems started when I wasn’t home as much,  I would get home sick because I wasn’t used to being far from home, this would stop me from eating or drinking anything amd that would hurt my stomach and it would affect our performances,. It brought problems to my family also because they would hardly spend time with me the only time they would see me was when I would leave for school in the mornings,and so my mom didn’t like that because she would worry a lot. I was making a lot of money in a short period of time and that had me thinking about dropping out of school because if I was getting money why would I attend school. Making a lot of money was great and it would make me work harder everytime I would go up on stage. Four months in and I started to get sick I had to take a lot of medication due to my gastritis, the type of gastritis that the doctor said I had was called a nervouse breakdown gastritis, that meant that I couldn’t perform in front of a lot of people because I would start to get nervouse and that would cause my stomach to hurt because I wouldn’t eat healthy food, I would eat anything that was fast because we were always on such a Hurry that we wouldn’t have time to order a healthy meal, I would eat alot spicy stuff and that made my condition worst. And thanks to my condition my attitude started to change in a drastic way, I wouldn’t get enough sleep at night and I was always mad at something even if it was the smalles thing I would make it a big deal, Now that brought problems at school and at work, at school I would get detention or just a meeting about my attitude with the teacher, But at work it was way different If I would deny a song or sanged a song that might offended someone then people would  start a bar fight, in one  ocation I was hit with a bottle in my head and got knocked out for a couple of minutes. After that I wasn’t as passionate as I was when we started performing I knew that taking that deal was a bad idea and I couldn’t get rid of it till its experation date, which was in two months and honestly I couldn’t take it anymore all the problems that it brought me and my family where anaceptable. I didn’t know what to do anymore I couldn’t just leave the Norteño and pretend like nothing happened We signed a contract  in which it states that if we leave the Norteño we would have to pay back the money that the manager spend on us and that was a lot of money that would take months to to pay him working in other places.. Fortunately the manager saw that this was affecting us and he took the decision of getting rid of the contract with no compromises. I will always remember that day because it was the day that I  stopedworrying about everything that was going on around me.  It brought peace back and I whent back to my normal life, after this experience the Norteño disembled. I learnd my lesson I learned that I need to think things through before I accept the terms of something I have to see what the consequences can be to be able to work and live in a normal invirement. 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marijuana